Membership programs are an important part of any business. They provide value to customers, build brand loyalty, and generate revenue. But how do you grow a membership program? In this post, we’re sharing five strategies to help you grow your membership program without any money.
5 Overlooked Strategies for Growing your Membership Program
#1. Clarity - Be clear about who your membership program is for.
Making sure you have a clear idea of your group’s purpose and target audience will make it easier to market and grow. When you create a membership program you need to dig into your target audience profiles and understand what members want and need from a community - and deliver it to them!
The “Starbucks Baristas ONLY” Facebook group makes it clear in their about section who is their preferred member.
Before you start a membership program:
- Define your target audience (who belongs to your group?)
- Develop a couple of personas/member profiles
- Find out their interests and hobbies
#2: Consistency - Create a schedule and stick to it.
Consistency is key for growing a membership community. Once you have identified your members’ profiles and started to have a few members join it’s time to think of strategies that will keep them there. A key factor is to stay organized as a community manager. If your members feel that you’re not consistent they’re more likely to leave.
Here are some actions you can take:
- Set a goal for your membership program
- Create a welcome sequence
- Build a content calendar
- Have a monthly schedule for posts, meetings, giveaways, lives, etc.
#3: Connection - Build a personal connection with your members
Trying to grow a community is not just about numbers. An engaged and active community is more valuable than a group that is made of random people. That’s why a key strategy is to build personal connections with members.
Here’s how to improve membership connection:
- Give members direct access to communicate with your staff, team or yourself
- Offer exclusive resources and rewards for engaged members
- Connect your new members with your existing community
- Make sure your content is relevant, useful and helpful
- Reach out to members for feedback and share frequent updates
Example: Hubspot hosts frequent challenges and rewards winners with prizes.
#4: Community - Turn members into an engaged community
Engagement is important for long-term membership retention. So you have to do your best to keep members active in your community. But how do you engage members?
Here are some tips:
- Speak to your members directly and invite them to respond
- Ask them to share their personal experiences
- Ask them direct questions like “What do you think about …”
- Invite members to connect with you outside of your community (eg. Facebook, Instagram)
- Create valuable content that your members love
#5: Content - Give members value with quality content
One of the most overlooked membership growth tactics is to listen to your audience and create the right content.
What is quality content?
- Useful - tips, tutorials, training, information
- Provides value to existing members - discounts, exclusive content
- Attracts new members - unique value solves a problem, helpful
Examples of quality content:
- Blog articles
- PDFs and E-books
- Webinar training
- Social media posts
Ready to start your online membership community?
Let us know what your community is all about!